Data science is a mixture of various tools, algorithms, and machine learning fundamentals to explore and discover hidden patterns and trends from the raw data.
Supervised learning involves:
- Labeling of the input data
- Using of a training data set
- Application to prediction
- Enabling classification, categorization and regression.
Unsupervised learning involves:
- No labeling of the input data
- Using the input data set
- Application to analysis, cannot predict
- Enabling classification, dimension reduction and density estimation.