The process to compile the new DSI Decadal Plan, which will serve as the implementation plan for the White Paper on Science, Technology and Innovation, is ongoing. TIA will align itself with the plan once its finalised. The DSI has identified the following priorities with direct relevance to TIA's mandate, wherein plans at subprogramme level have been identified to realise the intended outcomes:
- The circular economy.
- Education for the future.
- Sustainable energy technologies for marginalised people.
- Health technology to prevent and treat ill-health and advance wellbeing for those who are marginalised.
- High-tech industrialisation.
- Opportunities, threats and impact of information and communications technology, including smart systems.
- Nutrition security for a healthy population.
- Integrated solutions for water security.