Become An Amazing SDG2 Nutrition Champion
Probiotics mean the” friendly” bacteria that are naturally found in our digestive system. And yes, this kind of bacteria helps reduce the growth of harmful bacteria keeping the digestive system healthy. Here’s a list of its benefits:
• Improves digestion and digestive health
• Helps strengthen the immune system
• Helps protect from some types of diarrhoea (especially after treatment with antibiotics)
• Improves the symptoms related to lactose intolerance
• Helps in the treatment of eczema in children
Which foods contain probiotics? You can find these healthy live cultures in yoghurt/Laban/zabadi and other dairy foods that are fermented such as aged cheeses, and milk fortified with probiotics.