The list of educational applications, platforms and resources below aim to help parents, teachers, schools and school administrators facilitate student learning and provide social care and interaction during periods of school closure.
Most of the solutions curated are free and many cater to multiple languages. These solutions tend to have a wide reach, a strong user-base and evidence of impact. They are categorized based on distance learning needs, but most of them offer functionalities across multiple categories.
- Resources to provide psychosocial support
- Digital learning management systems
- Systems built for use on basic mobile phones
- Systems with strong offline functionality
- Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) Platforms
- Self-directed learning content
- Mobile reading applications
- Collaboration platforms that support live-video communication
- Tools for teachers to create of digital learning content
- External repositories of distance learning solutions