Solving problems is a complex process and each of us is better at the skills required at some stages than others.
The following is a list of some of the reasons why people fail to find effective solutions include:
- not being methodical
- lack of commitment to solving the problem
- misinterpreting the problem
- lack of knowledge of the techniques and processes involved in problem solving
- inability to use the techniques effectively
- using a method inappropriate to the particular problem
- insufficient or inaccurate information
- inability to combine analytical and creative thinking
- failure to ensure effective implementation.