Become A Successful Unicorn Entrepreneur
About this product
This course is designed as a survey course that will expose you to business terminology, concepts, and current business issues, with the intent of helping students develop a viable business vocabulary, foster critical and analytical thinking, and refine business decision-making skills.
What this course is about:
Starting a business isn’t for everyone. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. Starting a small business requires you to invest time, energy and patience.
But more than anything else a Start-up needs passion, commitment and a clear sense of purpose. If you have what it takes and are willing to do the difficult things, then you should start your own business.
This course is based on the Y-Combinator series hosted by Sam Altman at Stanford.
The course is a compilation of advice from some of the world’s best entrepreneurs who have started billion-dollar companies. They have shared everything they know about how to start a successful startup.
The course is a mixture of theory of entrepreneurship based on founders perspectives and project work to help you crystallise your idea or startup. It is our aim that by the time you finish this course you will have learnt all there is to know about starting a startup and you will have completed a business model canvas for your business.
This is a sort of one-class business course for people who want to start startups.
Videos of the lectures, quizzes, practical ideation and business model generation, associated reading materials, and assignments are all available here. There are 20 videos, each lesson has a video, some with a speaker or two and some with a small panel. Imagine binging on 1,000 minutes of video content from the best entrepreneurs, if you watch it all.
The course covers how to:
- Come up with ideas and evaluate them.
- Get users and grow
- Do sales and marketing
- Raise money
- Establish a great company culture
- Excel at operations and management, business strategy, and more.
Format of the course:
- There are 20 video lessons from some of the best entrepreneurs covering various aspects of entrepreneurship.
- Each lesson is followed by a quiz to test your understanding of the ideas shared.
- There are 4 Projects.
- The last module of the course is a capstone project that requires you to come up with a complete business model canvas based on what you have learnt.
- A Certificate of Completion is awarded upon completion.