The Linux Pro course covers multiple industry certification exams. The Linux Pro certification, the CompTIA Linux+ certification, and the LPIC-1 certification. CompTIA Linux+ has merged with the Linux Professional Institute (LPI) certification. Linux Pro training includes everything needed to pass the two exams required for both the CompTIA Linux+ and the LPIC-1 certifications (passing both exams gets you both certifications). Note: To get the LPIC-1 credential when you pass the CompTIA Linux+ exams, you must elect to forward your exam information from CompTIA to LPI.
The CompTIA Linux+ certification qualifies you to be a level 1 (junior) Linux administrator, and is also useful for any desktop administrator who needs a basic understanding of Linux administration.
PC Pro and Network Pro training (or equivalent) is recommended before starting the Linux Pro course.
The LabSim for Linux+ product includes lab exercises that give you the experience you need to pass the certification exam. LabSim labs focus primarily on managing Linux from the command prompt, a skill you will need to master to pass the certification exams. Using the included online labs, here are many of the skills you will practice:
- View command help
- Manage files and directories
- Create hard and symbolic links
- Configure the boot file
- Manage system and service runlevels
- Stop, restart, and manage services
- Shut down the system
- Manage users and groups
- Manage passwords
- Format a hard disk, mount a volume
- Manage quotas
- Manage file and directory permissions
- Manage printing
- Manage network interfaces
CompTIA Linux+ (LX0-101 and LX0-102) Certification Exams
Once you have completed your LabSim training, you will be ready to take the CompTIA Linux+ certification exams.
- Exam numbers: LX0-101, LX0-102
- Testing center: Prometric or Pearson VUE
- Number of questions: 60 each exam
- Time limit: 90 minutes each exam
- Passing score: 500 (on a scale of 200-800)
- Exam question format: Multiple choice
LabSim includes everything you need to prepare for certification.
- Our comprehensive training methodology includes video, text, labs, and certification test prep software.
- Hands-on labs let you practice software configuration tasks in a virtual environment.
- Online delivery gives you instant, anywhere access through most major browsers on both PC and Mac.
- Reporting and assessment tools make LabSim perfect for use in a classroom or distance-learning classes.
Note: LabSim does not include the cost of vendor or association certification exams.