MathsGee Wits Club, has launched the MathsGee Knowledge Challenge. This is a competition aimed at students doing mathematics at Wits university.
In line with MathsGee’s Individual Social Responsibility (ISR) drive, the organization is inviting all Wits mathematics students and enthusiasts to participate in the crowd-sourced knowledge generation through the Wits-aligned question and answer platform developed by MathsGee.
At MathsGee, we believe that knowledge is available and should be free. We also believe that every child deserves to be supported whilst studying from home.
Join the MathsGee Wits Club community and get study support for success – MathsGee Wits Club provides answers to subject-specific educational questions for improved outcomes.
We encourage every Wits mathematics student or enthusiast to participate in our forum. On MathsGee Wits Club, you can:
- Ask questions
- Answer questions
- Comment on Answers
- Vote on Questions and Answers
- Donate to your favourite users
- Create/Take Live (Paid or Free) Video Lessons
We hope that this repository of knowledge will help learners, parents and teachers be the best they can be in STEM subjects starting with mathematics.
There is a fabulous prize of R1 000 for each of the first 5 students that achieve BRONZE STATUS by the 1st of October 2021. To qualify a user must be one of the first 5 learners to reach 5 000 points by the 1st of October 2021.
How to get started:
- Visit the MathsGee Wits Club platform and Register or Login
- Earn points by Asking, Answering, Commenting and Voting. (see FAQ for how the point system works)
- If top 5 to reach 5 000 points (Bronze Status) before 1 October 2021 then each wins R1 000.
Rules for the competition:
- This competition is only open to students and enthusiasts in South Africa.
- The competition runs until the 1st of October 2021.
- The grand prize money for being one of the top 5 to attain 5 000 points (Bronze Status) on the MathsGee Wits Club platform is R1 000.
- Gaussian Mind Trading & Projects T/A MathsGee, reserves the right to award more participants after the 1st of October 2021.
- No cheating or any other illegal activities will tolerated.
- Always give the best answer to the best of your ability in order to help the asker.
To enhance your status and show off that you are a self-starter who has extensively participated on the MathsGee Wits Club forum you need to obtain the following points:
- Ultimate Crown – 300,000 points
- Double Platinum – 180,000 points
- Platinum – 90,000 points
- Diamond – 35,000 points
- Gold Status – 25,000 points
- Silver Status – 10,000 points
- Bronze Status – 5,000 points
- Wooden – 150 points
Points will be awarded in a standardized manner. Below is a breakdown of how points will be attained:
|Posting a question:||points|
|Selecting an answer for your question:||points|
|Per up vote on your question:||+points|
|Per down vote on your question:||–points|
|Limit from up votes on each question:||+points|
|Limit from down votes on each question:||–points|
|Posting an answer:||points|
|Having your answer selected as the best:||points|
|Per up vote on your answer:||+points|
|Per down vote on your answer:||–points|
|Limit from up votes on each answer:||+points|
|Limit from down votes on each answer:||–points|
|Per up vote on your comment:||+points|
|Per down vote on your comment:||–points|
|Limit from up votes on each comment:||+points|
|Limit from down votes on each comment:||–points|
|Voting up a question:||points|
|Voting down a question:||points|
|Voting up an answer:||points|
|Voting down an answer:||points|
|Multiply all points:||×|
|Add for all users:||+points|
MathsGee exists to ensure that ALL African learners have quality study support for better education outcomes.
Started in 2019, MathsGee connects learners to exchange knowledge and earn. Our north star is that ALL learners deserve quality study support.