Want to study abroad in Brazil, Russia, India, China or South Africa? To mark the launch of the 2018 edition of the QS BRICS University Rankings, here’s a selection of scholarships to study abroad in these five emerging economies.
Scholarships to study in Brazil
- OAS-GCUB Scholarship Program – The Organization of American States and Brazil’s Coimbra Group of universities have partnered to offer 670 Brazilian scholarship opportunities to outstanding citizens of OAS member states to complete masters or PhD programs at Brazilian universities.
- Canada-Brazil Awards – Joint Research Projects – These awards aim to promote cross-cultural research ventures between Canadian schools and Brazilian partners.
- IBRASIL Project – Erasmus Mundus – International scholarships for EU students to study in Brazil.
- The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) Fellowships – Fellowships for PhD and postdoctoral scientists from developing countries to work abroad in Brazil, Mexico or other countries.
- Government of Russian Federation Scholarships– A set number of government scholarships to study in Russia are available each year, which offer free tuition, accommodation and a monthly maintenance allowance.
- The School of Russian and Asian Studies (SRAS) – A selection of international scholarships to study abroad in Russia and other former Soviet states, most of which are explicitly for US students.
- Tomsk State University – Various Russian scholarships for international students to study at the university.
- American Councils Scholarships – A range of scholarships are on offer to conduct research or undergo Russian language training in Russia, covering travel costs, a monthly allowance, health insurance and more.
- BP in Russia Research Scholarships – Russian scholarships ranging from RUB 15,000-35,000 (~US$255-600) a month, aimed at students studying degrees related to energy and economics at a partner Russian institution. Candidates must be studying on state grants, have exceptional grades and aim to progress in their chosen subject in the future.