The Airworthiness section is responsible for ensuring that aircraft are accepted into the Zimbabwean regulatory system then maintained to appropriate safety standards. The section carries out the certification of aircraft and maintenance organisations and conducts the associated functional supervision as part of their continuing operation. The section drafts and prepares secondary legislation concerning airworthiness as well as various aeronautical notices and circulars that deal with airworthiness.
The main functions of the section include:
- Aircraft airworthiness and registration;
- Certification of aircraft maintenance organisations;
- Investigation of aircraft accidents and incidents;
- Managing the aircraft register.
- Maintaining a Technical Library