The functions of the section is primarily to, licence aviation personnel and approval of aviation training organisations in accordance with ICAO and national requirements. Individuals are licenced once their competence has been assured and certification of aviation training organisations has been done. It is also responsible for continued safety oversight of licensed individuals and training organisations and for taking enforcement action when conditions of issuance of the licences are not complied with.
The main functions of the Personnel Licensing Section are:
- licensing of airmen in collaboration with other Inspectorates;
- managing the system of medical assessments for medical certification licence holders;
- Managing the examination system;
- certification of training organisations;
- Maintaining registers of all licences and ratings issued